Did you know that fruit is a healthy, low-calorie, sweet treat for your dog? Strawberries and banana are full of antioxidants, high in fiber and vitamin C. Bananas are high in potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C and fiber. This recipe includes all three fantastic fruits!
The recipe for peanut butter cookie bowls (pictured) is included in “Three Woofs for the Dead, White and Blue” cozy mystery book.
Available on Amazon in paperback an ebook formats.
Banana, Blueberry and Strawberry Sundae
- 1 32-ounce Container Plain, Non-Fat Yogurt
- 2 Ripe Bananas, Peeled and Quartered
- 1/3 Cup Blueberries
- 1/4 Cup Strawberries, Hulled
- Pour yogurt and bananas into blender, blend until fully pureed.
- Pour 1/3 of mixture into a bowl*, cover and put in freezer.
- Pour 1/2 of remaining mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Add blueberries to mixture in blender and blend until smooth. Pour blueberry mixture into bowl*, cover and put in freezer.
- Rinse blender.
- Pour set-aside bowl of banana mixture into blender and add strawberries. Blend until smooth. Pour strawberry mixture into bowl*, cover and put in freezer.
- Freeze until solid, then scoop and serve.
*For individual portions, use individual containers, ice cube trays or silicone molds.